The UVA Sleep Disorder Center is looking for a full-time RPSGT. Shift could be days or nights depending on candidate interest and departmental need. Full-time benefits are included with this position.
Under the supervision of physicians, the polysomnographic technologist is responsible for independent performance of patient care duties and providing customer service to clients of the sleep disorders center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares patients for diagnostic testing according to departmental procedures.
- Educates patients on sleep lab procedures.
- Accurately scores and analyzes sleep studies.
- Demonstrates an ability to evaluate equipment function for best results.
- Performs therapeutic treatments and interventions independently.
- Demonstrates responsibility for work area.
- Participates in sleep disorders center professional activities and continuing education.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or 6 months relevant experience in a related field (such as Sleep, EEG, Respiratory Therapy, or similar) required.
- Experience: Practice experience as required to obtain Virginia licensure as a Polysomnographic Technologist.
- License/Certification: Licensed to practice as a Polysomnographic Technologist by the Virginia Board of Medicine required; or documentation of the Sleep Disorders Specialist credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC-SDS); or a professional certification or credential approved by the board from an organization or entity that meets the accreditation standards of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification, including hands on practice required. Certification as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist or National Board of Respiratory Care, Sleep Disorders Specialty credential (NBRC-SDS) required within 6 months of hire, or of meeting eligibility requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Pay Range: $20.28 – $31.43
Primary Location: Charlottesville City-Charlottesville
1222 Jefferson Park Ave
Charlottesville, VA 22908
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.